Alumni Matching Challenge
There is a pressing need in the Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering for student activity support. Recognizing this need, several alumni donors have stepped up to initiate two new funds within the Department: the Mechanical Engineering Alumni Fund for Excellence and the Nuclear Engineering Alumni Fund for Excellence.
Gifts from our alumni to these funds will help the Department provide opportunities such as:
- Modernizing laboratories and classes to enhance students' educational experiences
- Providing funds for students to participate in conferences, international experiences, and competitions
- Supporting student groups and co-curricular activities such as the Engineering Ambassadors, Engineers Without Borders, the American Nuclear Society, and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
Double Your Impact
To stress the importance of alumni gifts, these donors have issued a challenge that requires your participation.
For every dollar you contribute, the donors will match your gift, dollar-for-dollar. This matching challenge doubles the impact of your gift. Your participation is more important than ever. Take this opportunity to double the impact of your contribution, and help open doors for these students' futures.
How it Works
$25,000 has been committed as a challenge for the Nuclear Engineering Alumni Fund for Excellence, and $50,000 has been committed as a challenge for the Mechanical Engineering Alumni Fund for Excellence.
For every dollar you contribute, these funds will match your contribution dollar-for-dollar. The total amount is then added into the appropriate endowment, which will continue to provide for strategic initiatives in perpetuity.
- Give to the Mechanical Engineering Alumni Fund for Excellence
- Give to the Nuclear Engineering Alumni Fund for Excellence
- Split your donation between the Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Funds for Excellence
Take the impact of your gift even further: challenge funds will match your corporate matching gifts as well. Find out if your employer will match your contribution.