Our Industrial and Professional Advisory Council (IPAC) is made up of representatives from industry, government agencies, and academia. IPAC advises the department on academic issues, current trends, and future directions in the engineering profession. The council provides a forum for ideas and recommendations, and provides a link between industry and academia.
The Nuclear Power Advisory Board (NPAB) was formed in 2009 to connect the mechanical and nuclear engineering department to the nuclear power industry. The NPAB identifies education and research needs for the nuclear power industry and provides recommendations for future initiatives. The board includes representatives from the nuclear power industry and related government agencies.
If you are interested in finding out how your company can strategically partner with the MNE department, please contact us.
2015-2016 IPAC Members
- IPAC Chair: Mr. Eric Branyan, Vice President and Deputy General Manager, Lockheed Martin, F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Program, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- IPAC Vice Chair: Mr. Stephen J. Trautman, Deputy Director, Naval Reactors, Department of Energy
- Mr. Edward Auslander, President and CEO, LORD Corporation
- Mr. James Barth, Exxon Mobil
- Ms. Lisa Decker, Assistant General Council, Exelon Generation Company
- Ms. Anne Eisert, Manager, Global Product Definition and Technical Pubs, GE Transportation
- Mr. Paul Garbett, Head of Large Gas Turbine Engineering, Siemens Energy, Inc.
- Dr. Jay Gore, Reilly University Chair Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Purdue University
- Dr. J. Wesley Hines, Postelle Professor and Department Head of Nuclear Engineering, University of Tennessee
- Mr. Donald Moul, Vice President Commodity Operations, FirstEnergy Solutions
- Ms. Patricia Stevens, Senior Manager, Boeing Advanced Vertical Lift, The Boeing Company
- Mr. Timothy Suder, Director, New Product Development, Powertrain Engineering, Group Truck Technology, Volvo
- Mr. Martin Thomas, SVP Operation and Engineering Services, Rockwell Automation
- Mr. John Wiedemer, Vice President, Engineering, Module Centers, Pratt & Whitney
2015-2016 NAPB Members
- NPAB Chair: Joe Zwetolitz, President Nuclear Energy, The Babcock & Wilcox Company
- Gary Brassart, Vice President Automation Engineering & Products, Westinghouse Electric Co.
- Edward Callan, Site Vice President, Three Mile Island Generating Station, Exelon Nuclear
- J. Darren Gale, Vice President, Nuclear Operations, Day & Zimmerman Power Services
- Brian C. Hartz, Sr. Vice President Business Development, Day & Zimmermann Power Services
- Paul Laubham, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control
- Mark Manoleras, Engineering Director, Beaver Valley Power Station, FirstEnergy Nuclear Operating Company
- Brian McDermott, Deputy Director, Office of Nuclear Security and Incident Response, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Paul A. Triska, Vice President Operations, AREVA TN
- Timothy S. Rausch, Senior Vice President and Chief Nuclear Officer, PPL Susquehanna, LLC
- Gregory Sosson, Senior Project Manager, Fukushima Improvement Project, PSEG Nuclear, LLC
- Juswald Vedovi, Engineering Manager Stability and Radiological Analysis Team, GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
- John C. Wagner, Group Leader, Radiation Transport & Criticality Nuclear Science and Technology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Advisor to the board: Admiral Frank L. Bowman